Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Continent

2012 is starting off with a bang.  I was blessed to spend time with wonderful friends in New York City to ring in the new year.  I think we'll call this send off number six, Sarah.  As I prepare for my impending journey around the world to India, I can only be thankful for the support of my friends and family who have gotten me this far.  I dedicate this blog, especially to my brother Ian, who gave me the nudge I needed at the right time, which in turn jump-started this adventure from possibility to reality.  I chose the name Sensory Crush as the title of my blog, because no matter who I talk to about India, that seems to be the overarching theme of their experiences.  They all talk about how there is so much going on, all of the time, that it feels as if their senses are being crushed by the immensity and variety, of the sights, sounds, and smells of the country.   I hope all of my followers can take a little something from this blog, and that hopefully my experiences inspire.

3 comments:

  1. Evan --

    I couldn't be prouder of you than I am right now. You summoned the courage to embark on a great adventure, and this is a quality found in too few individuals.

    Be safe, be smart, and be open to the new people, ideas and experiences you're about to encounter.

    I'll see you soon, save some curry for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you safe travels and excited to read about your adventure here. Love you and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Koff! Looking forward to following your adventures through India. What type of work will you be doing there? Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete